Have No Fear! Sedation Dentistry Is Here!
We want your time with us to be as relaxing as possible.
Get the Treatment You Deserve with Sedation Dentistry
Many people avoid seeking the treatment they so desperately need due to having an extreme fear of the dentist’s office. Modern dentistry has steadily evolved in recent years, making today’s treatment methods the least painful and invasive yet. Now, with sedation dentistry on the rise, there is no reason you cannot be totally relaxed at your next dental appointment at Dental Care of Baltimore.
New Patients call Northwest Hospital Professional Center New Patient Phone Number 443-426-4441 to make an appointment.
Current Patients call 410-922-1601 to make an appointment.
Types of Conscious Sedation Used in Our Office
- Nitrous Oxide: When nitrous oxide is used, you will be awake during your procedure but will feel extremely relaxed and comfortable. Also known as “laughing gas,” nitrous oxide is a colorless, sweet-smelling gas that is inhaled before and during your procedure. The effects of the gas wear off within minutes of stopping its flow. You can drive yourself home following your appointment.
- Oral Sedation: With this method, Dr. George Evans Sr., Dr. Kira Evans, or Dr. George Evans Jr. prescribes a pill taken orally about an hour before your procedure. You will feel extremely relaxed and drowsy throughout your procedure. Because oral sedation involves a sedative that will impair your normal functioning for a few hours, you will need a ride to and from your appointment.
Who Can Benefit from Conscious Sedation?
People who are good candidates for nitrous oxide or oral sedation include those who have:
- Very sensitive teeth
- A bad gag reflex
- High dental fear or anxiety
- Limited time to receive all needed treatment
- Complex dental issues
- Embarrassment about their teeth
- Had a past traumatic experience at the dentist’s office
- An aversion to the dental office in general (i.e. noises, smells, tastes, etc)
- Difficulty getting numb
- A fear of shots and needles
Key Advantages of Using Conscious Sedation
- You are fully relaxed when treatment is being performed.
- You can comfortably sit through a lengthy procedure.
- Receive several procedures in one visit.
- There is less discomfort after your treatment.
Dental Care of Baltimore provides conscious sedation to our patients in Randallstown, MD. He has been practicing for over 30 years and makes your health and comfort his priority. Please call our office at your earliest convenience to schedule your appointment. We look forward to speaking with you.
Are You Ready to Take Care of Your Smile?
We are currently accepting New Patients and would love to help you take your smile to the next level. Call our Randallstown Office Northwest Hospital Professional Center New Patient Phone Number 443-426-4441 or Owings Mills Office LifeBridge Health at Foundry Row New Patient Phone Number 443-426-4368 or